What’s a day at The Academy like? Here’s a sample schedule from our first summer:
- Small ensemble
- This is your a cappella group comprised of 5-12 other campers. You’ll rehearse daily, perform at the camp showcase, and record a track on the camp album.
- Large ensemble
- All campers will sing together with staff in the Academy Choir. We’ll sing choral and contemporary works spanning many different genres.
- Majors and electives
- You’ll sign up for majors and electives based on your specific interests. In the past, we’ve offered vocal performance, arranging, and rhythm section as majors. For electives, we’ve offered such topics as vocal percussion, active listening, social media, recording, live sound, songwriting, business management, and more.
- Guest performances
- As part of the curriculum, we’ll feature guest artists who will provide interactive insight into their area of expertise via performances, workshops, and Q&A sessions.
- Individual practice/study
- There will be opportunities throughout camp to work on your own so that you can put everything you are learning into practice. Additionally, you will be able to sign up to work one-on-one with some of our amazing staff.
- Activities/leisure time
- Though it will be intense and focused, camp won’t be all a cappella all the time! We’ll also have camp-wide games and activities, as well as some free time.