Grad School 2020
We are thrilled to offer this new program for music educators! Grad School is a three day crash course in pop a cappella that happens during the youth session of A Cappella Academy. Looking to take your school’s a cappella program to the next level? This is definitely the place for you! Learn from some of the very best directors, arrangers, and performers in all of a cappella while also observing how we run A Cappella Academy!
- 3-day Professional Development Program
Observe classes and rehearsals at A Cappella Academy
Receive mentoring and participate in Grad School programs led by Academy staff
Rehearse in a group with the other Grad School participants
Optional: extend your trip to attend the Academy showcase on July 11
- For Music Educators 21+
- July 7-9, 2020
Arrive on July 6, depart July 10
- Mount St. Mary’s University, Los Angeles, CA
- $750 (does not include food and lodging)
Option to either stay on campus or commute
AUDITION VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
DISCLAIMER: We require this audition portion to make sure that all applicants clear a certain bar, since everyone will be singing together as a group, but we are by no means only looking for vocal superstars!
- Say hello! Tell us your name, and a quick summary of your musical background.
- Solo singing
- Please sing a 1-minute segment of a solo that showcases your voice. No classical or musical theater, please.
- Part singing
- Download the materials for “I Wish” and learn whichever part suits you best. *CLICK HERE*
- Record video of you singing along to the “performance” track for your part (your part will be missing from the track, you’ll fill it in with your voice).
- Please snap along, and and make sure we can hear your voice prominently over the track.
- Beatboxing (optional)
- If you do beatboxing/vocal percussion, please give us a short demonstration.
- Personal statement
- Briefly tell us why you’re interested in coming to A Cappella Academy Grad School.
Once you have completed and uploaded your video to YouTube, you are ready to fill out our application.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR SUMMER 2020
November 1, 2019 – applications open
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1, 2020 at 11:59pm in all timezones.
March 1, 2020 – applicants will be notified of acceptance results